Terms and conditions of website use
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL USERS (the « Users ») of the website www.harriswolff.com (the « Site ») and to the services offered through the Site, including namely music licensing services (the « Services »). The Site and the Services are operated exclusively by Gestion Denis Wolff Inc. under the company name Harris and Wolff (« H&W »).
Images on the SITE, and ANY OTHER CONTENT cannot be used by User and are protected by Copyright. and are the property of their respective owners
SIte reserves the right, without any prior notice, to change, modify or suspend any Services
Site ownership: The Site and the company names Harris&Wolff, Harris and Wolff, Harris Wolff, belong exclusively to Gestion Denis Wolff Inc.
The Company owns, controls, licenses and the right to use and provide the Site and all material on the Site, including without limitation software, technology, text, images, articles, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips, (collectively the “Content”). The Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to Canadian copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. The Company, and/or its third party providers, are the owners of the copyright in the entire Site. The Company owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Site. You agree to abide by any and all copyright notices, information or restrictions displayed on the Site.
Use of Services: H&W may, at its discretion, limit Services offered, refuse to open an account, close an account and/or refuse to provide to any User the Services or any User Licenses.
User Information: H&W requires USER to provide information and coordinates in order to offer Services, The User guarantees to provide true information and will inform H&W of any changes to such information. H&W, its employees, agents and affiliates, may store and use User information provided, for the administration of the Services and the issuing of Licenses.
Privacy: With User’s prior consent H&W may use personal information provided by Users to notify Users about opportunities, deliver newsletters and otherwise communicate with Users about the Site and its products and Services. H&W will not share any personal information of Users with any unaffiliated third parties,
Prices & Licensing Negotiations: Licenses, rights therein, and prices vary according to the selected music and intended uses. Purchases are final and no refunds will be made.
Licensing: The rights granted by the Licenses are limited. All other rights are reserved. Unless otherwise specified in the License, all rights are granted to the User only and such rights cannot be assigned or transferred to any third party.
Violations: Any violation of the rights to any music or any License shall be subject to penalties under these conditions, the License, and the law, including but not limited statutory damages under the Canadian Copyright Act. The User will be responsible for any such violation, whether the violation is intentional or not, made by the User or a third party with knowledge of the user. In addition, H&W and beneficiaries concerned reserve all their rights and remedies, including to end such violations, obtain compensation for their injuries, and prevent any further violation.
Site and Services - H&W reserves the right to modify all or part of the Site and Services at any time and in its sole discretion. H&W may temporarily or permanently remove all or part of the Services. H&W rights to music may change; music may no longer be available and H&W may, at its sole discretion remove music from the site.
Prohibitions and Acceptable Use Policy
As a condition of your use of this Site and the Services, you warrant to the Company that you:
· Will only use this Site and Services for lawful purposes in accordance with these Terms;
· Agree not to infringe the proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy rights of the Company or third parties in connection with your use of the Site;
· Agree to provide us with accurate information, and to update such information in the event that it becomes outdated or inaccurate, as necessary for provision of the Services to Members through our Site, and to take responsibility for the information you provide;
· Will be responsible for creating and maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password, and for all activity occurring under your password and Member Account;
· Will not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law, while using or accessing the Site or the Services;
· Will not harvest, gather or otherwise collect contact information of other users of the Site or Services, for any purpose including, without limitation, transmitting any unsolicited advertising, junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
· Will refrain from using unlawful, tortuous, profane, vulgar, harassing, abusive, threatening, inflammatory, libelous, defamatory, fraudulent or similarly harmful or discourteous language in any e-mail or form entry created through this Site;
· Will not access or attempt to access unauthorized areas of the Site, tamper with other users’ postings, or unreasonably load or burden the Site’s servers.
Members who violate these Terms, at the Company’s sole discretion, may have their Member Account suspended or terminated, and may be prohibited from receiving Services thereafter.
It is strictly forbidden by act or omission, in any way whatsoever, for a User or a third party to:
· Copy, distribute use or publish, or extract the contents of the Site;
· Use the Site or Services for unauthorized, illegal or criminal use;
· To place an order under another person's name so as to deceive others or H&W;
· Modify, copy, divert or bypass the code of the Site and/or protection mechanisms;
· To prevent or limit access to the Site and the Services by any other user;
· To expose the Site to any viruses or other harmful programs;
· To obtain, modify or illegally copy information from third parties;
· To act in any other manner contrary to the requirements of good faith or against any other obligation under any applicable law.
· To modify, create derivative works from, participate in the transfer or sale of, post on the World Wide Web, mirror, or in any way exploit the Site or any portion thereof for any public or commercial use, other than as expressly provided by these Terms, without the express written permission of the Company.
No other permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the content contained on this Site. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding your use of any such downloaded Content. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of material from the Site, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice shall be made. You may obtain more information on the copyrights, trademarks, and service marks of the Company and its affiliates and Content owners by viewing the copyright and trademark notices posted on the Site.
You may not modify, create derivative works from, participate in the transfer or sale of, post on the World Wide Web, mirror, or in any way exploit the Site or any portion thereof for any public or commercial use, other than as expressly provided by these Terms, without the express written permission of the Company. No other permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the content contained on this Site. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding your use of any such downloaded Content.
Notification - In addition to any other means permitted by law, H&W may send valid notices via email to the last email address declared by the User.
Obligations - Obligations of H&W to the User are obligations of means, subject to stipulations of the law or the License. Check my translation on this.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: Information provided on site is on an as is available basis H&W does not warrant that use will be uninterrupted, free of viruses and is not responsible for deletion, failure to store or untimely delivery of material.
INDEMNIFICATION: You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, and all its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, content providers, partners, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, and claims and all fees, costs, expenses, of any kind related thereto (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of, based upon or resulting from your use of the Site or receipt or use of the Services.
All rights reserved — Harris&Wolff